Thursday, January 1, 2015

New Year 2015

I've already spent my first morning of 2015 in the kitchen!  No complaints from me!  I have already made my first pot of soup.  Nothing gourmet, mind you!  I simply had some chicken broth from a chicken done in the slow cooker and then some base left over from last night when I made cabbage and kielbasa.  I also had a few vegetables I wanted to use and some quinoa that just needed to be used up.  Not only do I now have lunch for today, but I also have lunch for next week at work.  Since I'll start visiting the ducks at the park for lunch each afternoon this is very handy.  I've missed my ducks and can't wait to start seeing them again!

As for 2015 kitchen goals...

I want to keep trying new recipes.  I want to get better about trying at least two a month, but would prefer to try four a month.  But we'll see.  It seems like I get so busy thoughout the year and I never meet this goal.  We'll see how it goes this year.

I also want to continue to eat as much organic as I can.  I know some don't believe eating organic really makes any difference, but I do know I feel much better when I do. 

This year I plan to finally buy my rice maker.  I just have to find a place to store it!  And I'm going to be purchasing more bento boxes from my wish list.  I think I'm looking forward to the bento boxes the most!

I hope you're year in the kitchen is tasty and fun with lots of new adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment