Sunday, October 16, 2011

Tarragon Chicken

This is one of our favorite recipes.  It's very easy and makes a good Sunday dinner too!  I often make this smaller recipe when it's just me and my son.  Of course you can easily double or triple this recipe if you're having a lot of people.

1 whole chicken (2-3 pounds)
2 zucchini
1 carrot
2-3 springs of tarragon
olive oil
salt
freshly ground black pepper

Preheat oven to 425.  Grate zucchini and carrot into large bowl.  Mix in just the leaves from the tarragon sprigs.  I usually chop the leaves, but I've been in a hurry before and put the leaves in whole and it turned out fine.  Stuff the chicken with the zucchini/carrot mixture and then place the chicken into a roasting pan.  Rub outside of chicken with olive oil.  It doesn't take much.  Use just enough to give it a thin coat.  You can also use butter if you don't have olive oil.  I simply prefer olive oil.  In a pinch I've also used my Pam spray olive oil if I was out of regular olive oil.  Salt and pepper the chicken to taste and garnish with more tarragon springs if desired.  Roast chicken at 425 for 45 minutes.  Turn oven down to 350 and roast another 45 minutes or until done.

No comments:

Post a Comment